Friday, April 23, 2010

Today was Nothing to Smile About...

I just woke up and knew it was going to be one of those days. The dogs were barking nonstop, everything I wanted to wear was too tight on my preggy body, and my hair was a total wreck from the get go. I figured it was Friday, it would be over quick enough and the weekend would begin. WRONG! I had popped a piece of gum in and was working for the weekend when it happened. My crown fell off. It was stuck in my gum. I immediately went and checked it out in the mirror. Totally horrific sight. I have only had one root canal and I never looked at it during the process. They had told me that they had to “file my tooth down” and I never had a desire to see it. Well...I saw it today. My tooth was about the size of a sunflower seed. I absolutely looked like a character off of Hee Haw (I love Hee Haw, but I prefer my teeth not to remind me anything of that show). Seriously, imagine normal size people teeth and smack in the middle of my pearly whites I have a miniature cat tooth. That is what it looked like (no pictures for the fear that it would scare people). Thankfully, I was able to get in to see the dentist (bless their hearts, they stayed open about an hour late today to fix my smile). I had the crown cemented back on but it is more than likely only a temporary fix. I am probably going to have to have a tooth implant on a titanium rod (which is drilled into my bone…sounds like fun). I am praying that this “temporary” fix will last till October when the baby gets here so that I don’t have to go through this without being sedated. I absolutely cannot imagine having something drilled into my bone while I am awake. I am starting to think dentures sounds like a pretty good option :) Happy Friday!

5 comments:

  1. awww, hope your tooth gets better soon! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that! The dentist is the worst! I hope that it all goes ok for you : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so tore up you didn't take a picture of yourself like that. :o(

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no, Kelly!! That is horrible. Hope you had a great Sat. and Sun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog! Your sister said you have a name picked out....Dyin' to know here! :) You must be sooo excited for your sweet baby! :)

    ReplyDelete