Katie told me that when I started “nesting” I would get a little crazy. Yep. She was right. I remember her saying, “You won’t understand why you feel like the inside of your hallway bathroom cabinets needs to be repainted. It’s not like your baby is going to look in there and judge you, but you will think it needs to be done anyway. It will need to be done immediately.” Oh, was she right. I got up at 5am this morning because I absolutely had to wash my couch cushions. It had to be done ight then. I woke up about 3am and managed to put it off till 5am, but that was as a late as I could wait. I also felt like all of the weeds needed to be removed from the entire yard. Our flower beds have been taken over by polk, dandelions, wild onions and some other strange looking plants that I have never seen before. Derrick thankfully took care of that for me over the last couple of days. One farmer’s tan and slight breakout of poison ivy later, he has successfully removed most of the weeds (but he assures me the remaining weeds will be gone by next weekend).
We did take a break today so that we could go by the Farmer’s market and get some fresh produce. We have an abundance of green beans, snow peas, peaches, zucchini, yellow squash, several types of tomatoes, corn, fresh baked bread, cheese, potatoes, peppers and onions. Derrick wanted grilled corn tonight so he worked on that while I cooked some zucchini cups. I found a picture on the internet and mixed up a couple of different recipes. We loved them! Very tasty, but best when hot.
- Cut zucchini in thick slices (about an inch or so)
- Hollow zucchini almost all the way through making a cup
- Brush lightly with oil and bake at 350 for about 15 minutes
- Chop the remaining zucchini
- Heat 1 TBSP of butter in a small skillet
- Sauté remaining zucchini, 1 TBSP onion and 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 TBSP of mozzarella and 1 TBSP of fresh parmesan and 2 TBSP of fresh bread crumbs
- Stuff this mixture back into the zucchini cups and bake for 10 minutes
- Finally, top with sliced cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese
After dinner I made peach milkshakes and now we are going to lie down on our freshly washed couch cushions and watch a movie!