Sunday, January 25, 2009

I do...

Derrick and I got married on October 4, 2007 in Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We had always talked about getting married on the beach but there aren’t too many of those in the great state of Kentucky. We ended up choosing Jamaica for our destination and since it isn’t too close to Kentucky, we decided on just the two of us going and coming home and having a small cookout with a few close friends. Anyway, here are a couple of our favorite pics of our favorite day…





This next picture is not one of my personal favorites, but it is Derrick's top choice. Being the basketball coach that he is, he made me come straight home after the honeymoon and work on my left handed lay ups. He thinks I have potential.



Also, my sister, Katie, just loves to throw a party…for anything. She masterminded a reception for my family and church at my parents’ house. She is the only person I know that can pull off planning a party in Eastern Kentucky when she lives almost 500 miles away in Atlanta, GA. We had a great time and really appreciated all of her hard work and we loved getting to spend time with the people that we are unable to see as often as we would like.



Katie and her husband, Mike, also were responsible for taking all the pictures. Thanks to them we have several of what they refer to as "action pics". Luckily they were there to make sure we got a photo of who actually polished off the sausage balls. I have happily omitted the following "action pic" of myself picking the sausage balls out of my teeth.

And wouldn't you know that the University of Kentucky did not bother to let Katie know that they would actually be playing a game during my reception. Our die-hard UK fans of the family would never dream of sitting inside and watching the game (mainly because the women in my family forbid them) so what are you gonna do? Maybe drag a TV outside, grab an extension cord and find the longest tree trimming utensil you have and tape it to the TV? Sounds good. Notice the gentleman standing in the back wearing the light blue button up...that would be my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment